The Landreth's

The Landreth's

Monday, February 21, 2011

Craft Project

This is a craft project that I did in December, I had a lot of fun making this wall hanging. Of Course, it is our last name and the year Austin and I got married. I got the idea from a craft blog that I follow; I changed a few things up based on materials and price. Anyhow, I thought this would be a great idea for a homemade gift or personalizing your home decor. This was certainly my first go around with it and I would change a few things about it. I found the frame at a garage sale (I would spray paint it black to match the wording), the stencils are from Hobby Lobby, I use acrylic paint for the lettering (I would have put the lettering on the back of the glass & made the numbers smaller and put est. 2008), and the backing is a material that I picked out at a fabric store. A fun little project overall!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic craft project!
    I like the idea of it being in a frame as opposed to a wooden sign! Thats so heavy hanging over a babys bed when i think about safety.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Love your blog and keep those recipes coming. I'll try to find some good ones to post too!
    love hannah

    ReplyDelete