The Landreth's

The Landreth's

Friday, April 8, 2011

Hello Spring

Ahhh, spring has finally sprung and I am feeling it. I have struggled with doing anything indoors; I want to play hooky from "life" and celebrate God's beautiful spring weather by playing outside. Oh, but as life would have it we have been thrown a curve ball or two or three....ok so they just keep comin'...so I just keep swinggin'. It has been a while since I have last blogged and a lot has happened. I will attempt to catch you up to speed on what is happening....so no pictures this time around. Austin is doing GREAT as always. He is playing basketball on Wednesday and Friday mornings with the guys from church and loving every minute of it. On Tuesday mornings he is doing a bible study with a few guys from our church. He just finished up Place bible study class on Wednesday evening which he loved. His home inspection company is doing good; we imagine we will see it pick up a bit more as the weather continues to get nicer. You should check out his website at www.relianceok.com; he created it himself. I love it, nothing is out of reach for Austin, his skills are limitless. Including being an amazing husband and father. I am completely convinced that Austin could be Mr. Mom, his love for Logan is amazing. I have learned a whole new and incredible side of Austin when he became a father. Ahhhh....ok....so I will just say it....my husband ROCKS and I love him to pieces. Logan is becoming this little girl and I mean "girly girl"...she loves her purse, baby doll (gusanna), helping do anything (cleaning, laundry, getting ready, putting on makeup), loves being outside, dancing, music, animals, people and so much more. She is extremely cautious and a very calculated decision maker; although when she is sure about something she just goes for it. She loves her dogs (Lincoln and Ellie) but is sure to tell them who is boss if they get in her face. This past week and half we have been battling Logan's first double ear infection and cutting her back teeth...can anyone say lack of sleep...oh, but we just keep on keepin on! We have a follow up appt. today, so please say a pray that she is healthy. Logan is learning so much including some of the things we hoped she wouldn't like hitting. I know that she gets this from me and man she has one mean little swing on her for such a girly girl...she is going to have a rockin right hook. Anyhow, when I discipline the dogs for getting in her face I will tell them no and spank them on the butt. And I know that she has seen me swat them for stealing her food....like mother like daughter. So, needless to say I have hit a learning curve myself...how to disciple the dogs without hitting...if only someone would give me a timeout to think about this....oh, yes please give me a timeout. :) Speaking of timeout, Logan has been such a little snuggle butt lately and has loved our time rocking in the mornings, before bed and sometimes in the afternoons and I have loved taking the time to just relax and hold her in my arms...ahhh, to be a mom...I love it! As for me I am doing good...I feel like I have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin contest (visualizing that is quit funny). Anyhow, I am still working from home with Tulsa OBGYN and I am struggling finding the want to work attitude like I use it have. I find that I have been more focused on my families needs, God and finding my health happy spot in life. I am also selling Mary Kay and am extremely happy about it and feel like it offers such a great opportunity. This past few weeks I have seriously neglected work of any kind and I am beginning to feel guilty for not being able to juggle it all. Ahhh, the life of a working wife and mom. On the upside of things I am really driven about my relationships...God, my husband, daughter and family in general. I am learning and not just saying that "the most important things in life aren't things". I am so excited about what God is doing in our life...I love love love our church and our church family. I have started taking pictures once a month for the church which in turn has made me think about photography classes. How cool would it be to capture life and be able to frame it, make it still and preserved it for a visual memory. I am also taking a Wednesday night women's bible study that will last a life time, the study itself is a year long but the application is a life time. Logan and I just started going to "stroller mom's" running group on Tuesday and Thursday morning. It is so great to get out and meet other stay at home mom's and it is such a positive environment. I have so many projects in mind that I just can't keep up with myself. Right now we are working on a raised salsa garden. My inspiration comes from my amazing friend Natalie. I have found that our idea's of life and what it should be parallel so much. Ok, so this is my dream like in a nut shell...a small self sustaining farm. I really wanted to be Amish when I was growing up....no really! :) I think I am reverting back to my childhood dreams....Amish with electricity of course. Wow, apparently I had a lot to say....yes I had a cup of coffee this morning...just call me chatty patty. A few last minute things. We are trying to sell our house so we can would on that whole self sustaining farm dream...yes I am for real so please keep us in your prayer. This past week I drove to Illinois to pick up Kallie and Codey Spragg. They stayed with us for spring break and we had a blast. Thank you Josh and Kari for letting us steal your kids for a week. We had so much fun swimming, baking, planting flowers, going to incredible pizza, hiking and going to church. I loving having a house full of kids the chatter was certainly endless...hahaha. I love you all very much and I hope you each find that life offers you such happiness... --SLOW DOWN--And notice God working in your life; He is in everything you do. Engage in what you are doing at the moment; be present. Make space in your life for God and you will find contentment, rest, joy and abundance on the inside....this is from a Sunday service that Pastor Scott preached on.

No comments:

Post a Comment