The Landreth's

The Landreth's

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Summer Project 1- check

So, I have never gardened before but I was gun hoe about making a salsa garden this year. My dear friend Natalie just continues to inspire me and pushes me to "live" and not keep up with the Jones. Mine you she has garden that is beyond awesome. Austin jokes about keeping up with the Fabry's...love ya guys! Anyhow we made a beautiful garden this year and we will have salsa coming out of our ears by the end of summer. So, if you get a can of salsa for a gift this year do be surprised. :)
We started or raised garden by getting old used lumber out of the dump pile--$0
With that wood we were able to make two 4x6 raised garden beds and two flower boxes.
I purchased 10 4gallon buckets off of craigslist for $1 each--$10
In the buckets we planted four tomato plants and three bushes.
Austin and I then found dirt and top soil that someone had dumped in an extra lot near our house that had been just sitting there. So, we loaded the pickup down with dirt--$0
We then purchased our veggies, planting soil and peat moss.-$45
Our total garden adventure--$55.00 bucks---I think Dave Ramsey would be proud.
What we planted:
4 jalapeno plants
8 yellow onions
16 purple onions
3 yellow pepper plants
3 red pepper plants
2 roma tomato plants
2 larger tomato plants
4 zucchini
4 yellow squash
8 garlic



Haulin' Dirt




Bushes-we are hoping this will break up the dogs running path
Flower boxes and Ellie Mae
Raised garden

Raised gardens and tomato plants


No comments:

Post a Comment